There is nothing wrong with re-gifting. It is really quite acceptable. Just follow these guidelines:
Think before you give. Ask yourself would the recipient really enjoy this gift or are you just giving to give? Make the gift personal.
- Don’t re-gift items that are handmade, or one that you know the original giver took great care to select.
- Don’t re-gift within the same circle of friends.
- Don’t give used gifts; they should be brand new and in the original box.
- Do choose only gifts of value. No junk, gag, or worthless gifts.
- Do wrap the gift nicely just as you would any other gift.
- Do remove any name tags from gift bags.