Friends of Dieter
- Avoid asking about weight loss.
- Be encouraging and complement the dieter.
- Be sensitive to the dieter’s meal choices.
- Parents - don’t force your (adult) children to eat clean their plates.
- Spouses – go along with the program.
For the Dieter
- Be mindful of the “smell factor” with your specialty diet foods.
- Don’t criticize your friends who might need to diet too.
- Don’t impose your dietary restrictions on others.
- Let people close to you know you’re dieting so they can be supportive.