Wedding Registry Trends
- There are many different gift registries to choose from such as charity, honeymoons, new homes, specialized stores.
- If you choose to give to a charity it's best to avoid political or controversial causes. Examples would be Stem Cell Research, Same-Sex Marriage, or Pro Choice to name a few.
- Have your family and your bridal party inform your guests of your intentions by word of mouth.
- If asked directly then answer directly. No sense in beating around the bush. Let you guests know exactly what you would like.
- It is the guest's prerogative to choose what to give. So don't strong arm them into using your registry. Keep in mind your registry is not a requirement it is a suggestion for gifts.
- Some people do not like to give money as a gift. So still set a traditional registry, even if contains only a few items.